Shrimp Scampi on Country Pasta
A special thanks to the Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) for this fabulous and delicious easy recipe.
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. Country Pasta (or ¾ lb. Fresh on Friday Linguine if you live in Polson!)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Grated zest from ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Cook Country Pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat in a large (12-inch), heavy skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce. Toss well and serve.
Serves 3-4 Cooking time: 30 minutes (if you can multi-task!)